2026-08-27

Newest Finishes

"Spot Sampler" by Margaret Bendig was actually started some 16 years ago, and was finally finished in June this year. 32-count Lugana, one strand over two threads, with Vicki Clayton silks. It's hard to tell in this photo, but threads were pulled and re-woven just inside the leaves-and-berries border (which couldn't be stitched until the re-weaving was done, as the border is stitched over the re-woven corners). I worked on this only in Margaret's monthly stitch classes, and there was a pretty long gap after Mom died when it wasn't touched at all. The original chart and leftover silks were gifted to a classmate; the working copies were happily run through my shredder.



 
"Love is Love" by Jan Hicks Creates. Lugana 28 in antique white, two over two. Started in the July class, but at home I got in the mood to stitch and wasn't feeling up to dealing with Teresa Wentzler's Fall Carousel Horse. Finished yesterday afternoon; washed and pressed and photographed this morning. I made a few changes on this, with several of the threads coming from the DMC Color Variations collection, and others from my stash of overdyes. The lettering on top was charted in black, but I changed it to a dark violet (Needle Necessities "Coronation"), and backstitched the letters in Gentle Arts Sampler Threads "Gold Leaf" to represent the newest addition to the flag, the violet ring bordered in gold for Intersex people. I haven't posted this to IG or publicly on FB because the intended recipient follows me in both places.

"Fall" continues to languish as The Tell-Tale WIP.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment