2016-04-02

I'm Still Here

Haven't fallen off the planet or anything. Just lazy.

So today was another of Shirley's card classes, which are really more group crafting sessions than classes, at my LNS, Stamp Fever.

Since most of the instruction revolves around how to assemble the cards (once the coloring's done) rather than learning new techniques, we were free to do the cards in any order we liked. That worked out well, because she had made two samples of each of the three cards, and that spread the "wealth" of samples-to-consult-while-crafting around.

The first one I did was actually the most complex, involving a lot of coloring and then some fussy cutting.
The scan's a bit crooked, I see, and not well cropped. The patterned paper is from Lawn Fawn (and, weirdly, is being discontinued almost immediately after being introduced!). I liked the look of the diagonal plaid more than the other side of the sheet, which was vertically/horizontally oriented. The stamp is from Penny Black. The solid colored card stocks are Bazzill, and the white card stock is from Neenah. It's not a stock I find favorable for colored pencils--at least not the oily/waxy ones like I use. In this case, the pencils are all Prismacolor, although I do have a small selection of Faber-Castell's PolyChromos, too.

The second one I did was a lot simpler, and I just had to decide which lavender/purple/violet shades and which greens to use.
I believe this image is Technique Tuesday. They do have some beautiful botanicals! My greens should have been a bit brighter for these crocuses, but…oh, well. Once again the colored card stocks are Bazzill, Sources for the black stock layered behind the focal image and the striped paper behind the lighter purple are unknown to me, although the striped is probably the Michaels house brand.

The third one was a little bit more complex in terms of assembly. And color choices. The images aren't the kind I'm likely have, or to put in, my stash, so I probably spent more time actually trying to decide on colors than I spent on any of the three cards.
And I see now that my orange creamsicle is upside down! I don't remember whose images these are--Newton's Nook, maybe?--but these have matching dies, so no fussy cutting on this one. That sentiment really needs to go inside.

I'll try to post more often. No promises, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment