Stitch class this month was today, which is also BFF-N's birthday, so first the card for her.
The front. This was an experimental piece. I have a background stamp of cupcakes by the same artist as the main image here (also the same artist responsible for the cupcake-tower stamp I sometimes use), which I stamped with watermark ink, heat-embossed with clear powder, then ran through the dry-embossing "happy birthday" folder. I matted that with a sage green. The center horizontal panel got the folder treatment, but not the watermark/heat-embossing treatment, and was also matted with the same sage green. The cupcake was stamped with two colors of VersaMagic chalk ink on white card stock, cut square-on-point, and then matted with the sage green. The heat-embossing didn't work as nicely as I had hoped; maybe a touch of color in the embossing powder would have helped.
And the innard, where the sentiment square-on-point was also run through the embossing folder, then matted with the same sage green as the card front.
BSF-T (that's Best Stitching Friend) had a finish today:
This is her Mary Wigham, done on a much finer count that my own MIA Mary Wigham, and a most beautiful piece. Congratulations, GF!!!
I worked on Margaret's Monochrome Madness again. Here's MMM at the end of last month's session:
I started by frogging a bit of that green block I finished last month and
then re-stitched the off-by-one-thread mistake I'd make on the last row. It's the green block at the top right corner of the (incomplete) center medallion. I also added a bit more (almost finished) to the block to the right of the green block.
And started stitching the border:
There's another section of border that will be stitched around the outside of this one.
10:30PM Update: Hannah Beeby is done. And getting a back.