2012-08-06

Inky Fingers

It's been a while since I've posted any card crafting. I've already posted about the classes I took in June, but I also had a couple of June birthdays. BFF-M, older sister of BFF-N, was first.
I don't work often in yellows, but I had the flowery card stock and wanted to utilize that, since I have quite a stash of printed card stock and I don't use much of it. One shade of solid yellow for the base, and another, slightly lighter, for the image layer. The stamp is by Peddler's Pack, and I don't remember which brown ink I used. A little bit of accenting on the top layer with one of the Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks and the new-to-me postage stamp die by Spellbinders.
And the inside.
Margaret's birthday was later in the month, and I gave her this card while we were at the retreat.
More patterned paper from the stash, the same stamp I used on BFF-M's, some Kraft card stock for the base, the matting layer behind the stamped image, and also for the center strip. That center strip was also stamped with a Peddler's Pack background stamp of cupcakes. I used "Old Paper" Distress Ink for the distressing on all elements, but again don't recall which ink I used for the main image. The center strip was cut with a My Favorite Things Die-Namics "Fishtail Banner" die. This card was an adaptation of a class card from back in April.



No comments:

Post a Comment