2011-02-20

Inky Fingers Catch-Up Again

Here are some more from last year.
This one actually started out to be a birthday card for BFF-N, but I didn't plan well and when I reached the point of stamping the main birthday image, it wouldn't fit in this layout. So I set this one, sans the carnation image and the innards, aside and re-did the birthday card. Which, naturally, I forgot to photograph. And which, naturally, I keep forgetting to ask BFF-N to loan out for photos. So this one sat around for a few weeks while I waited for just the right image to present itself to me so that I could finish this one up:
and its innards:
The colors don't show well in the photos above, but the ink is a light sage chalk ink and matches the printed cardstock, which coordinates with the light sage cardstock, all on a "confetti" cardstock.
I can't begin to guess how long I've had the chick-fight stamp used in this next card. I also enjoyed playing with this layout:
A dark grey scrapbooking paper with light grey distressed damask-style images with a red/black/yellow tartan scrapbooking paper and plain ol' black cardstock on white cardstock, with plain ol' black ink.
And the innards, which I just love:
I had to send something to my niece, who adores pigs, so what could I do? My hands were tied; I had no options. I also had the pig stamps. The front (on the right, of course) and the back:
The innards:
And the envelope (or at least the back of it):
More copying others' layouts, this time playing with cutter blades (deckle) and multi-colored stripes and making a paper "ribbon" from cardstock. Plain ol' white cardstock, plain ol' black ink, scrapbooking paper in stripes of browns and blues, and plain ol' brown cardstock.
and the innards:
How much more "clean and simple" can you get with this one? Images stamped with white pigment and green chalk inks on kraft cardstock layered onto green cardstock, layered onto the kraft base.
and the innard, where I got a bit fancier than normal and made a dandelion flower from three shades of yellow scrapbooking cardstock (Bazzill) and three sizes of daisy punches, and a jewel center to go with the sentiment and the repeated flower:
More later!

1 comment:

  1. Okay...my favorites are the dandelions...and that yummy tartan paper (and freaking hilarious accompanying sentiment!)

    ReplyDelete