2016-06-25

Card Class Today

Sherry is a new-to-me--and, apparently, new to Stamp Fever--teacher and had a class there today, although some of my classmates knew her from Ultimate Hobbies. Three cards, all Penny Black stamps and dies.

Card Number 1:
Hmmmm. Looks like another funky scan. Anyway, as I said, we used all Penny Black stamps and dies, while the inks were Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, and Dried Marigold Distress inks. I have no idea what papers were used. I don't have the background stamp nor the border stencil (the green slashes bordering the blue strip), nor the dies, but I do have that floral stamp. I didn't use the sentiment, not even on the inside.

Card Number 2:
This one was all dies and stencils, with no stamping (although there was a sentiment available). I am definitely unhappy with the way the stenciling turned out, as it was supposed to be more subtle than it turned out on mine. The Peeled Paint paid was pretty "juicy." The inks were Dried Marigold and Peeled Paint.

Card Number 3:
This one required the use of two of the butterfly dies--cut in white for coloring with the distress inks, and again in black for the body and antennae. I don't know what ink was used for the background stamp on the olive green card base, but it was smeary, and they didn't warn us of that. And again, the inks were Peeled Paint and Dried Marigold.

All in all, a nice change from the usual, although not the sorts of designs I'm likely to CASE, except possibly some variations of the first one. She's planning another class utilizing Memory Box supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment