2016-06-11

Another MISTI Class

So today was another class at the LSS learning some new tricks with the stamping tool MISTI. These are taught by Amanda, and this one was a much smaller group than the first session was. Today's focussed on a (1) simple row of a single image, (B) a focal image with a multi-stage background image, and (iii) a single image in multiple layers.

My dear buddy Melissa was in this class, too, and so I used images borrowed from her selection, and I think they're all Lawn Fawn.

Number One: a single simple image stamped across the bottom of a piece of card stick, which allows you to create a border.

 Number Two: A focal image with background images. The sheep is, of course, the focal image, and the grass and sentiment were stamped as background images. It's pretty hard to see in this photo, but I actually used two shades of green ink for the grass; the sentiment is "Need a Hug?" The graph paper behind the tag is the only way I could get the scanner to scan the whole tag; it kept cutting bits off. The graph paper was convenient; I didn't expect it to show through so well (the paper is actually upside down)!
Number Three: one image stamped to look like rows of that image. I got my greys in the wrong order.

I pretty much already knew these basics--I've done masked stamping before, as well as repeating images in a row much like the first piece we did in this class. This focussed on how to use the MISTI to achieve these ends.

I wish I had a photograph of the envelope I covered with a scene involving a 2-piece trash can set, a comet/shooting star stamp, and a box-framed "This Is Not Junk Mail" phrase stamp; there was a lot of masking in that one!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you’re a great author.Please visit here:
    Packers And Movers Bangalore

    ReplyDelete