2012-04-14

Stamp Class--Katie

Another stamp class today, with some techniques I've never used before.
 We used watercolor pencils for coloring in this session. The daisy stamp is from, I think, a Penny Black clear set; the encyclopedia page is from a very old edition of World Book, and the page I chose for this one includes the entries on nitroglycerin and nitrous oxide. You can't really see it here, but I did use a background stamp on the card base, the Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card paisley, which I stamped with Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink in "Dusty Concord" onto the Hero Arts Layering Papers "Aubergine." I couldn't find a coordinating card stock in the selection Katie brought, so I colored some plain white cardstock with "Dusty Concord" to make the little squares in the corners behind the book page. The bows are made from baker's twine.
I brought home the Nicholas and Alexandra page, too.
 We used HA's "Old Letter Writing" background stamp on the Kraft card base; I used Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink in "Bundled Sage" after seeing another stamper use it on hers, instead of the "Faded Blue Jeans" Katie used on her original. I think the floral image is Impression Obsession, stamped with black Memento, then colored with the watercolor pencils. The large butterfly is from a HA set that includes the die for cutting the image out; that was also stamped in black Memento, and I'm not sure where the jewels are from. A more or less coordinating card stock was trimmed with a border punch. The distressing on the white card stock is also "Bundled Sage."
The third one utilized the chevron stamp from Lawn Fawn, stamped twice to create diamonds which were more or less kinda sorta covered with designer card stock Katie brought for us to choose from. I used a Hero Arts dye ink in "Sand," which I also smeared on the card edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment