Today it was fingerpainting with inks. First we stamped with VersaMark watermarking ink onto Bristol board. We used three different HA images: "Newspaper Eiffel Tower," "Simple Frame," and "Spring Dream." The Eiffel Tower collage was stamped onto two of the Bristol board cards and heat-embossed with white powder; the frame and silhouette images were stamped onto two more pieces of Bristol board, and heat-embossed with black powder.
Then it was back to our work stations where we smeared Ranger's Tim Holtz Distress Inks onto our craft sheets, spritzed 'em with plain ol' water, and began fingerpainting. We used a dabbing technique rather than smearing, so that the card stock wouldn't get broken down by excess pressure.
The Eiffel Tower pieces were cut to 4.25"x4.25" and completely covered the front of the card base, whereas the Spring Dream/Simple Frame pieces were trimmed to fit within a standard A2 (4.25"x5.5") card front, with just a bit of card base showing around the edges.
The first one, with Milled Lavender, Sage Green, Tea Dye, and I've forgotten which of the blues--either Broken China or Tumbled Glass.
The second one, with Victorian Velvet and either Broken China or Tumbled Glass.
Number three, with the same colors Nancy used for her class samples: Seedless Preserves, Crushed Olive, and Tumbled Glass with a bit of Broken China.
For the fourth one, I chose to use Brushed Sage, Victorian Velvet, and Stormy Sky. Both of the Simple Frame/Spring Dream cards were overstamped with HA's "Old Letter Writing" background stamp in Pumice Stone. The sentiments are also HA stamps (with a cutting die to match), and were stamped in HA's Mid-tone Shadow ink "Butter Bar."