Card Class with Gina

Running late with the TUSAL post kept me from posting this yesterday, when the class was held at Stamp Fever. We made three cards this time.
We stamped the floral image (HA Hydrangea) three times: once on the tag and once each on colored card stocks. Then we had to "fussy cut" the flower head and the leaf portions from their respective colored bits. While we were refocussing our eyes from that task, we distressed the tag with Ranger's Tim Holtz Distress Inks, primarily Tumbled Glass (the blue, of course) and a touch of Brushed Corduroy at the bottom. Then the fussy cut pieces were "paper pieced" (glued) onto the tag, using the plain stamped image on the tag as a placement guide. The HA keys background (don't know the name of it; it's not in my stash) background image was stamped onto Kraft cardstock with Watermark ink and heat-embossed with clear powder. The decorative band was a strip of cardstock trimmed with a border punch, then distressed with TH Wild Honey. We corner punched the two outer (opposite the fold) corners with a corner rounder, then assembled everything. I think some of the others also rounded one other corner, as Gina had accidentally done with her original.
This one went onto a black card base, with all corners rounded, and with a plain white mat layer between the image layer and the base. Both of those also had their corners rounded. The doily image is another Hero Arts stamp not in my stash. It was stamped four times on the image layer, using Watermark Ink and heat-embossed with clear. The coloring was done with more of the Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks, this time Dusty Concord and Dried Marigold. The paper flowers were brushed lightly with the same inks and spritzed with Perfect Pearls, which served to help the colors wash out into the paper of the flowers and add a bit of glitz to them. Not sure the source of the beady bits we used for the flower centers; they were provided by Gina and she didn't create a supplies list. The sentiment strip paper was actually too narrow for the sentiment I chose (I'm most definitely not a fan of front-of-card sentiments!), but I keep class cards as samples and guides for further stamping, so I didn't worry about the fit. I'd be more careful about something I'd be sending out. I once again used the Dusty Concord to distress the strip, and the sentiment was stamped with Watermark ink and heat-embossed with white powder. I set my sentiment strip on a bit of an angle just to be different.
We also stamped a greeting layer for the inside of this one. Note the "embellishment opportunity" toward the top, where my inky finger left a mark.
This one uses a Penny Black image, stamped multiple times with Watermark ink and clear embossed. I'm not sure of the source for the butterfly image, which was stamped (as was the sentiment) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The colored bands were created using the Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw, and Shabby Shutters; the sentiment strip was very lightly distressed with Tumbled Glass. The butterflies were color-enhanced with a blending pen (we used Gina's blending pen from Stampin' Up; the Dove blender, which I have but didn't have with me, can also be used) and then daubed with Glossy Accents. Many thanks to store manager Linda, who "gave me the finger" while I tied the bow in the twine. The sentiment strip was trimmed into a point on the left, which was then tucked into the knot on the bow, which itself was topped with a gem.
This one also got a sentiment layer for the inside. I sure like the way my distressing bands turned out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment