2009-04-04

Latest Finish and Current Project

My most recent finish is the most recent Quaker Quarterly Exchange (number 17, although I haven't been participating that long). This was done on 32-count white Lugana with Weeks Dye Works "Peoria Purple."
And my current "away" or "travel" project, a counted canvas piece designed by Margaret Bendig, a teacher at my LNS.
Margaret's original name for this piece is "Patterns Galore," but this version, this class, is called "Margaret's Monochrome Madness," and each of the dozen or so of us have chosen different colorways based on the overdyed thread each of us chose. Mine is based on the colors and tones in Caron Collection's Waterlilies "Rye." Eventually I'll have a final count of just how many different fibers I will have used in this piece. There's also a companion piece based on the center motif. Each block contains at least one specialty stitch, and some contain combinations of specialty stitches. This is my progress after 3 class meetings, two afternoons spent on my own in the classroom at the shop, 2 of the monthly Saturday Open Stitch Class sessions, and quite a bit of time on the cruise in February.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new look, Darla!


    Gorgeous stitching, too.

    ReplyDelete